- Chop up ham into small pieces. Spread your fave spaghetti sauce on top of pitas and top with shredded mozzarella. Add the chopped ham and some strained canned pineapple. Bake just until cheese is melted well for easy Hawaiian pizza singles.
- Make a quiche with ham, fresh diced tomatoes, and green onions. Yummy! Just mix these ingredients and bake for 50 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Roll up a slices of swiss cheese in slices of ham and stuff into chicken breasts before baking as usual.
- When most of the meat has been used, place the bone with any remaining meat still on it into the crockpot with equal parts white corn, baby lima beans, and tomatoes. I use frozen corn and beans but canned whole tomatoes. When you open the cans, pour the juice in first, then let the kids have fun crushing the whole tomatoes to smithereens before adding them to the pot. Cook on low for about 12 hours, stir, and enjoy by the bowlful.
- Add the bone or diced ham to soup. This works best in potato, lentil, or split pea soup. For best results, let the bone simmer in the soup till the meat falls off.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
5 Easy Ways to Use That Leftover Ham
Wow, that Easter ham was so delicious. And those ham sandwiches last night were pretty good, too. But what now? Try some of these simple ideas for leftover ham, even the bone!
at 9:08 PM