Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day 2012

I kicked off my Earth Day with Day One of my FastFoodFreeWeek. Yes, I'm giving it a name. It's been 24 hours and so far so good. We came home for lunch when it would have been more convenient to get fast food after church, but I had forgotten how delicious peanut butter and jelly could be! I mixed it in a coffee mug the way my mom used to do it before spreading it on huge slices of whole wheat bread. Yummy! And the kids were happy too!
After a little rest, we drove to the head of the walking trail and took a nice walk, enjoying the creek that runs alongside the trail and all of the different types of plants. My son liked looking at the different marks and scars and hollows on the trees and telling us what each one looked like. We saw a cyclops, an alligator, and a heart just for starters! See some of our pictures at the botttom of the post.
The movie, Chimpanzee, was amazing! The views from overhead were spectacular and the story was so touching. You really should check it out, even if you don't have children to take. It's a great movie for everyone regardless of age. Congratulations Disney on another success!
Did your family celebrate Earth Day today? Comment and share what you did! I would love to hear it!
Now for a few pics...enjoy and good night!






2 comments:

  1. We celebrated Earth Day by going to Earth Fair 2012 here in San Diego. It's the largest Earth Day event in the world with over 70,000 visitors with lots of great vendors/brands, a children's area, demonstrations, music and more. It was a lot of walking, and a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing about what you did for Earth Day, the walking trail sounds amazing!

    ~Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing Terri! The event sounds amazing! I think we may have 70000 people in Florence?! haha!

      Delete