Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Chatter

I like to make Sunday my day of rest, so I may not always have a detailed article full of new information on Sunday night. I didn't want to skip a day either, so how about a few little updates?
My daughter and I used Endomondo to track the .91 miles we walked today. We actually started with speed walking, then did some jogging, went back to speed walking, and jogged again at the end. I have been doing push-ups every evening and since yesterday have stepped up to morning and evening push-ups. We are so excited about the Mud Run and it's great motivation. 
The bad news? Apparently, register by April 1 means before April 1...I got online to register our team and the kids on April 1 and couldn't. I have emailed them and hope to be able to get registered still. Worst case scenario? We run in October instead of April. 
We have taken far longer than expected to remove all of the grass from the area I want to use as my new garden. Who knew it was so hard to remove grass? Whew! It will wear your butt out! I hope to be finished by Thursday, though, because I am planning to till on my day off. I bought some organic soil to mix in so that the soil will be rich enough but the dirt is good and black already. Pray that I finish! I need to get these plants in the ground. 
After a day of family and friends and good food and a great sermon, I am ready to sit and watch Swamp Men for a few minutes before bed. Who's with me on that? I know there are a lot of Swamp fans out there! 
I have some great ideas for the blog this week so stay tuned for some awesome info. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and don't forget to enter the soap nuts giveaway. Tonight is the deadline!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Monsanto is the root of all evil! More people need to know this. Check out the Organic Consumers Association, if you haven't already. I get their emails regularly and they are very informative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I actually like their site very much! This topic was in the forefront of my mind tonight because I was driving down the road and saw a huge Monsanto entrance sign in a neighboring town! These folks are in our backyard! Never knew they were there till I drove by!

      Delete
  2. Great post! Monsanto is the root of all evil! More people need to know this. Check out the Organic Consumers Association, if you haven't already. I get their emails regularly and they are very informative.

    ReplyDelete