Thursday, July 19, 2012

One Lovely Blog Award

I am very, very late getting this post written, so please forgive me! The beautiful and talented Shai Smith of The Vagabond Studio nominated me (yes, me) for the "One Lovely Blog Award." I am so honored that she likes my blog because I absolutely LOVE hers! 


The rules to the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD are:
•    Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post
•    Share 7 things about yourself
•    Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
•    Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated. 

So, 7 things about me:
  1. I don't like meat much. I am not a vegetarian and I don't have a problem with meat-eating. I just don't care much for the way it tastes, so I don't eat a ton of it.
  2. I don't like sweets. Except for chocolate. Chocolate doesn't count as a sweet does it? I don't even drink sweet tea, even though I was born and raised in SC.
  3. I love animals. If I could I would run my own no-kill shelter. 
  4. I don't take orders well. I hope one day to be my own boss. Or just to be the boss. I'm much better at giving orders.
  5. I have a huge heart for kids. If I could I would run a home for runaways and other homeless teens. I would put right in front of the animal shelter. The teens could work there. 
  6. I love to read. I have trouble keeping enough books on hand, so I subscribe to about a dozen magazines. I donate them to the doctor's office after I read them.
  7. I preach what I practice. I garden and I advocate for gardening among family, friends and co-workers. The same goes for homeschooling, buying local, eating organic, and more. I don't pretend my way is the only right way or that I am perfect. But when I hit on something good, I let everyone know!

Now I get to nominate some bloggers I admire. I think 15 is a bit much so I am shortening the list a little. The only reason The Vagabond Studio is not on this list is because there is already a link to their blog above! And she's already gotten the award at least once (because she is awesome). Here are some more awesome blogs:

Our Family Eats
Growing Up Gabel
All Bout Cute
Silent Springs

I hope you get a chance to visit each of them! And thanks again to The Vagabond Studio for nominating me for this award!



5 comments:

  1. :) <3 thanks so much. You just made my day a million times better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laura! This is so sweet! I love your blog and all the changes you are making in your life. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was nice! Thanks for including us!

    -Tamara @ Silent Springs Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats for this lovely blog award. You blog is really a nice to vote for.

    ReplyDelete