Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge: Day 29

The Day's Challenge: Write a how-to post.


Going Green with the GrizlsI am not the most creative person, so I totally panicked when I read this challenge. Then my power went out for a few days, giving me a chance to think about it. I also had a chance to do lots of reading, since I had no TV, no computer, and no way to charge my phone byt teetered on the brink of a dead battery for days. The two ended up working together unexpectedly. I read in a Mother Earth News editorial about a great little how-to that I can share with you! Oddly enough, the person who submitted the idea is one town over from me!

It's really simple! When you have a small amount of kitchen scraps, you can make instant "compost" for your garden! Drop the scraps in your food processor and a little water. Puree and pour near the roots of one or more plants in the garden. Instant fertilizer!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fantastic tip! I'm going to do it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! It's great to see what a little power outage can do to a person's brain! :) I've never used this method since we have a compote bin-- but I like it and will recommended it to other people I know who are just considering composting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I have some plants that seriously need a boost out in the garden, I might have to try this for them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet tip! I'm totally going to try this over the weekend! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete