Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge: Day 40

Today's Challenge: What is the hardest challenge you have ever been faced with?


Going Green with the Grizls
There have been two extremely unpleasant "challenges" in my life. This will be a short post because I don't really care to talk about them much. I am typically a very upbeat, positive, smiley person. I don't care for unpleasantries.  But I will give you a short version of each. 


The first was the passing of my husband. It was unexpected, a car accident, and I had two young children. He was young and it was his birthday. I am happily remarried now and my children love their step-dad, but we are forever changed by that awful day.

The second was the time when my oldest child was getting into trouble, hanging out with the wrong crowd, drinking heavily, and ignoring me except when he needed my help to get him out of a fix. He quit going to school, quit coming home, quit answering my calls. It was scary. I feared for his life for about 3 years. I prayed daily for the Lord to please let him survive long enough to get past this stage in his life. My prayers were answered and he is doing much better now.

Anything you would like to share? I always love comments!





1 comment: