Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge: Day 54

Today's Challenge: Tell what bands/artists you have been listening to and liking lately.


Going Green with the Grizls

I feel like music went through a dull period for a few years at the end of the last decade and beginning of this one. I am only recently beginning to find that I actually like what's on the radio again.

It started with Adele, whom I discovered in Time magazine, not on the radio. They raved about her and I was dying to hear some good music, so I bought the album and fell in love with it. I know it is being played to death on the radio, but every song is a great song on her latest album titled "21."



I've also been enjoying that dance beats have become more mainstream and aren't just for clubbing anymore.  This is good because I don't go clubbing anymore. But I love that face-paced synth beat. In this category, I am really enjoying Maroon 5 and Pink (both of which I've loved since their beginning anyway) and Rihanna. I have recently discovered David Guetta, also. Every song on his album "Nothing But the Beat" is really great and you can't help moving when those beats get going. 






Also, because I have a pre-teen girl in the house, I have been enjoying listening to One Direction and Justin Bieber. Yes, I said enjoying. Originally, Bieber was just another teenage boy singing love songs, but he is developing into quite the artist. And One Direction has a great sound that makes me feel bouncy (like my 12 year old daughter). Their song "What Makes You Beautiful" is a message that young girls need to hear more often and I like to sing it to my daughter because she doesn't have a clue how beautiful she really is.



What about you? What have you been listening to lately?

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE THOSE SONGS!!!!!!!! <3 :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of our family favorites these days is- One Day by: matisyahu. It's inspiring. I like inspiring music.

    -Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daughter walks around singing, "I got the moooooves like Jagga". It's so great. :)

    ReplyDelete