Thursday, August 9, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge: Day 70

Today's Challenge: What is your favorite movie and why? 

My favorite movie is Black Swan. I think it is absolutely brilliant. The story was completely unpredictable and the end was shocking, and it was a beautifully sad story that literally took my breath away. When it was over, I had to take a deep breath and realize that I had been holding my breath. I will never forgot the final dance. I also have so much respect for Natalie Portman as an actress after watching Black Swan because it had to be an incredibly difficult role to play and she did it so convincingly. "Suspension of disbelief" is, in my opinion, the first requirement of any good movie...meaning that I can forget where I am and totally lose myself in the movie. This movie had me from the beginning. I had to watch it again after the first time, to see if I could pick up on all of the times she was losing it and I thought she was really doing those things the first time I watched. It's actually difficult to separate what really happens from what is only in her mind and that is really what makes the movie so genius. 

What is your favorite movie? Did you see Black Swan? What did you think?

1 comment: