Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge: Day 88

Today's Challenge: How did you get your name?

Oh boy! That's a fun one!

My mom wanted to name Sendin Sunshine (as in "send in sunshine") after the second half of this song:


Hey, it was the 70s! 

My dad had a cow cause it was not traditional enough. Thanks Daddy! Although, Sendin (like Syndon) isn't bad. He liked Laura and Mama chose Carol for my middle name because it is her sister's name and also my grandmother's sister's name. So I went from Sendin Sunshine to Laura Carol. Quite a jump, huh? They went from a bit too much to a bit too boring if you ask me. But what can you do? Haha.

Is there a story behind your name? However short or long, I'd love to hear it! Comment below to tell your story.

1 comment:

  1. My real name is Shanda because my genius, rockin-80's teeny bopper of a mom couldn't decide between 'Shannon' and 'Amanda'.

    So she just smushed them together. >.<

    ReplyDelete