Thursday, November 1, 2012

By the Numbers: Homeschool v. Public School

If you are homeschooling family, or even thinking about homeschooling, you'll love this informative infographic that was recently published by collegeathome.com

While public school may be a good fit for some and the only choice for many, parents have turned to homeschooling in record numbers in recent years due to frustration with the public school system. 

Simply put, we think we can do better for our children. According to these numbers, we are correct. Check it out! 



Homeschool Domination
Created by: CollegeAtHome.com

Makes me proud to be home schooling and reminds that no matter how much work it is for me, my daughter is worth it! What do you think? I'd love to hear thoughts on this! 

3 comments:

  1. Home EDUCATION is the clear winner, with far more value (character development; academic achievement; life skills; socialization etc.) hour for hour and dollar for dollar! Incidentally, we started our homeschool two days ago. It was always my ambition and my son (age 6) is looking forward to regaining his enthusiasm for learning. If I were to leave him in the public school which he was attending (a 'School of Distinction' no less), he would be one of its casualties. My conscience would plague me forever if I were to submit to the low expectations of the forced public school machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your new adventure! That's really how I felt, too, when I decided to take my daughter out of public school. We are part of a wonderful local support group that allows her to socialize and even take a couple of group classes.

      Delete