Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thankvember: Days One Through Five

The Vagabond Studio

As part of the Thankvember Blog Hop, hosted by The Vagabond Studio and Chantilly Songs, I have pledged to post something for which I am thankful each day this month. I am a little late getting started, so today I am sharing four things instead of one. 
  1. I am so thankful for my beautiful children. They don't always do what I expect and they aren't perfect, but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. I love them more than anything on earth and would do anything for them. 
  2. I am thankful for my daughter's new school, where the other kids and the teachers have made her feel right at home. 
  3. I am thankful for the animal shelters and rescue groups in my area that work so hard to save every last animal that comes in. Last year one of our local shelters took in over 5000 dogs and, even though they are not a no-kill shelter, surprisingly few had to be euthanized. This is because the volunteers and staff there work so hard to place these animals in temporary or permanent homes or with rescue groups in order to make more space daily.
  4. I am thankful that my employer closed the doors and put me out of work! My new job is more relaxed, more flexible, and more appreciative of my efforts. I truly believe that God closes doors in our lives so that he can open better ones to us!
  5. I am thankful for my blogging mentor, Shai at The Vagabond Studio. While I don't ask for her help and guidance as much as I did in the past, Mama Making Changes would never have been a success without her help. I still read her blog and her Facebook posts and am inspired by her daily, even when we don't actually talk. The work she is doing in Peace Studies now just makes her more of an inspiration. Make sure you visit her at www.thevagabondstudio.com. 

Feel free to share your thoughts and the things for which you are thankful in the comments at the bottom of this post. Or click on the Thankvember 2013 tab at the top of the page to see a list of days that are actually links and will take you to the post for that day. Come back daily to be reminded of the many things we often take for granted or view them one after another in a single day. This is a blog hop! Each of the blogs below is participating and I would love it if my readers would visit some or all of them to see their Thankvember posts and show them a little love!


No comments:

Post a Comment