Wednesday, June 12, 2013

National WHAT Day?

Have you ever wondered where some of these "national" days come from? Me too! I find it hilarious that every time I turn around it's National Something Day!

This morning I saw something about National Ag Day, which it turns out was in March, but I started wondering what was today? Let me give you a few reasons to celebrate June 12:
  • Crowded Nest Awareness Day - This refers to adult children moving back home or never leaving, which seems to be a trend in America since the economy crashed a few years ago. 
  • Loving Day - Not what you  might think! Celebrate the anniversary of the Supreme Court case that legalized interracial marriage in the United States, Loving v. Virginia.
  • National Peanut Butter Cookie Day - Okay, this one is exactly what the name implies.  So use it as an excuse to make and/or eat some yummy peanut butter cookies!
  • Red Rose Day - Red roses are a symbol of love and passion. Great excuse to send flowers today! Or buy them for yourself and put them where you can look at them today. After all, who loves you more than you, right?
Continue the fun  tomorrow with these holidays...
  • Kitchen Klutzes of America Day
  • Sewing Machine Day
  • Weed Your Garden Day
Let me know if and how you celebrate any of these in the comments below! I'd love to know! 

2 comments: