This week's Monday A La Mode will be brief. I've spent much of my weekend prepping for a trip with the youth at my church. I'm volunteering as a chaperone, which means I will have 3 or 4 teenage girls with me at all times for the next 5 days! Wish me luck! I did round up a few tidbits to share with you, however. I might also have thrown in a shameless plug for my church that I love so much!
You May Want to Read This...
- I am very much against GMOs and "Frankenfish" frighten me for so many reasons. I mean do you really want to eat animals that were grown in a lab? Click here to read more about this hot topic and you may even want to check out the rest of the site on SmartPlanet.com.
- I love Huffington Post and I recommend following them if you don't already. Check out their recent article on government subsidies for the junk food industry by clicking here and get mad!
What I'm Reading...
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert is a memoir of her travels to Italy, India, and Bali in a search for balance between the earthly and the transcendental. I started this a while back and got sidetracked so I thought this week would be a good time to pick it back up! Of course, I downloaded this on my Nook. I believe in using digital media whenever possible to save on paper. What are you reading? Do you love your Nook or Kindle like I do?
- This week I discovered a great website that offers free personalized tutorials, videos, helpful hints, and reading to help you move forward toward a healthier lifestyle. Because it's personalized, it doesn't matter where you are in your journey currently. You will get information that's suitable for you. Check out thriveforward.com by clicking here. I signed up and started already!
- There are lots of books and apps and magazine subscriptions available to help you make the best shopping choices, but this one is absolutely free! Ethical Consumer offers a very comprehensive list of product guides on the part of their website that is available for free. Check it out by clicking here!
Why You Might Like Newspring...
- If traditional churches are not your cup of tea, you may find it refreshing that we have a band instead of a choir and that we don't dress up for church. In fact, you can watch at home on your computer via live feed at www.newspring.cc/live every Sunday at 9:15 and 11:15 am EST. I prefer being there but watching online is a great option to have!
- If you have trouble staying awake during sermons, you haven't heard Pastor P.! We often have guest pastors that are amazing speakers, too, like Dan Lian from Australia. We don't mind laughing and enjoying ourselves during church. Church should be fun!
- Newspring is growing fast and that isn't an accident. Christ never wanted the church to be small. Newspring has doubled in attendence since this time last year! Check it out to find out why!
That's all she wrote today folks! Have a happy Monday and wish me luck on my adventure this week!