HAVE YOU HEARD...
- In 2003 a band named The Postal Service released an album titled Give Up. Many of the songs have been featured in movies and commercials, so you may be surprised to recognize them. Check out Mama's Marvelous Musical Playlist in the sidebar at right to hear them now. I'm loving this album!
- Check out bogobrush.com before you buy your next toothbrush. For every sustainably produced, biodegradable, bamboo toothbrush you buy from bogobrush, one is donated to someone in need. (According to their website, 80 million Americans lack access to dental care.) They are accepting pre-orders now and expect to start shipping by the end of this summer.
- Re-usable shopping bags are an important step in becoming more earth friendly, but good-looking bags can be expensive. I was so happy to come across snapsac.com this week! Their bags a fold-over flap that snaps closed at the top of the bag. When not in use, fold the bag and the snap closure keeps it folded. Bonus? Their grocery bags are only $3.99 and come in a variety of cute styles!
- It can be difficult to find eco-friendly clothing. Who has time to browse and scour the clothes racks? Or for that matter the internet? Two companies that only sell sustainable organic clothing are Earth Creations and Autonomie Project. For shoes, try The People's Movement - they pick up plastic off California beaches and turn it into shoes and wallets with minimal processing. I ordered a pair!
DON'T FORGET TO ENTER...
- I'm not a fan of soft drinks or, therefore, soft drink manufacturers. But I am a fan of any contest that gets people outside more often. Coca Cola is sponsoring the Take It to the Park contest. Just click here to vote for your favorite park and get extra votes by checking in at your park using FourSquare. The winning park receives a large grant from Coke!
DID YOU KNOW...
- July is Baked Beans Month! If you didn't have enough at your Independence Day get-togethers, now you have an excuse to treat yourself. Do you use brown sugar? Molasses? Maple syrup? Honey? Do you top yours with bacon? Have you ever tried baked beans on toast?
Hope you found something new and useful this Monday! Have a great week!