Monday, September 9, 2013

Citrus Zinger Review

I was really pleased to be allowed to review the Citrus Zinger from Zing Anything. At www.zinganything.com one can find the Citrus Zinger, Aqua Zinger, Vodka Zinger, and Salad Zinger. The Citrus Zinger retails on their site for $16.99

I received the bottle in minimal packaging, which got us off to a great start. A plastic sleeve over the bottle and a fitted cardboard box were all that was used to package the Citrus Zinger. There was a tag hanging from the neck and an instruction sheet inside the bottle. Unfortunately, I found it quite difficult to remove the instruction sheet and had to piece it back together to read it. I couldn't find any way to remove it except through the mouth of the bottle. After I finally succeeded, I read the simple directions aloud while my daughter followed them. 

First, you unscrew the base. While holding the bottle upside down, press and twist a halved citrus fruit firmly onto the juicer. Then put the base back onto the bottle. Holding upright, remove the lid and add water. That's it! The base filters the seeds so they don't get into your water, but it allows pulp to come through. 

We found the resulting drink tastier chilled, so I recommend adding a few pieces of ice. 

After the water was finished, we refilled the bottle without changing the lemon. I was pleased to find that the lemon flavored another bottle of water without changing the fruit out. 

To wash the Citrus Zinger, simply remove the base and lid and rinse thoroughly. I wish the juicing piece was removable because I would feel better if I could dissemble the bottle further when washing. However, their method did seem to work fine. 

I found the Citrus Zinger easy and fun to use. It made quick work of lemon water without lots of slicing, squeezing, and mess. I look forward to trying it with a lime next and maybe I'll get creative after that. And I'd love to try the other Zingers at ZingAnything.com

The bad news is, I may never get to use the Citrus Zinger myself. My daughter loves it! Her exact words were "This is mine!" 









4 comments:

  1. Wow very cool product! Seems like it would really encourage people to drink more water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really yummy! I really want to try one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is very cool! I want one, lol! I always have a hard time with those tags on drink bottles. Don't feel bad. :) I like that it let some pulp through. The pulpier the better, as far as I am concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that this infuser is portable! My fave is cucumbers in water but I like lime and lemon too!

    ReplyDelete