Did you remember to sign up for the Glass Dharma newsletter when I told you about the 1000 Straw Giveaway? Check your email! Instructions for claiming your straw are in the emial newsletter sent out on Monday, March 4, 2013. It's super easy and I've already claimed mine. I love the pledge that they are asking everyone to sign and I plan to print it and place it on the fridge as a reminder to everyone in the house. Are you printing your pledge certificate?
If you missed out on the free straw giveaway, you can still take the pledge. The following is copied and pasted from the pledge Glass Dharma sent and is in no way my work. I am only sharing:
The PlanetCare™ pledge
Five ways that I pledge active PlanetCare™ responsibility to make a difference in 2013 and beyond
I, ____________________ pledge:
1. To seek plastic alternatives by researching everyday items and finding manufacturers that supply plastic-free alternatives, like Glass Dharma drinking straws, ECOlunchbox stainless food containers, Pura Stainless reusable metal water bottles, ECOBAGS organic cotton bags, bambu kitchen & travel ware, etc…
2. To rethink each purchase (How long will I use/need this item? Where will it go once I have finished using it?)
3. To shop locally whenever possible to support my local community and to reduce shipping energy.
4. To keep reusable bags, reusable water bottles, reusable straws and reusable food
containers close at hand for shopping, traveling and eating out at Restaurants.
5. To use my personal power to “choose what I use” and serve as an example for others in
making a difference!