Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Real Deal: Part 2

The follow up is much less depressing than the original. I promise. I was in a mood yesterday for sure. But as I said before, tomorrow is another day, and that was today, and it was indeed. 

I noticed tonight that a friend had started her Facebook status this evening with "Things I learned today..."

I learned several things today myself. More than that, I was reminded of what I already know but had forgotten for a moment. Yesterday's events led to many thoughts that kept me awake most of the night as they overlapped and twisted and turned and disappeared and reappeared with some other thought in my whirling mind. And all of those thoughts slowly narrowed as I talked things through with several different friends at different times today. 

So here are just some of the things I learned or of which I was reminded today in the last twenty-four hours:

  1. Some people are really good actors. Even when a person seems to genuinely want to spend time with you, there may be some other motive. So sad that we can't trust people more than this.
  2. The world does not revolve around me just because I have created my own personal crisis. If a friend doesn't answer, it doesn't mean he doesn't care. It means he can't answer at the moment. And maybe he has his own crisis to deal with right now. A real friend will get back to you asap though. 
  3. Getting your hair done really does make a girl feel better! Instant spirit booster! Did I mention my hair is now red and my daughter's is now pink?
  4. Prayers are often not answered the way we expected. So when you pray for guidance in the way you should go, the path that opens up may not be one you ever even noticed before and it might even be one you were afraid to travel, but you should take it anyway. 
  5. There are a few rotten people that are on their way out of my life. But there are many, many more wonderful and supportive people around me. I just have to change my focus. 
  6. Sometimes my journey through life will be painful. Like it or not. But I will come out the other side a better person. 
  7. And finally, the thing I tell myself more often than anything else...
Everything happens for a reason.

Everything.


1 comment: