Lovin' This Blog...
- DIY Inspired is a great resource for do-it-yourself project ideas! Not only are there tons of tutorials, you can submit your own ideas for upcycling, repurposing, etc. Check it out at www.diyinspired.com and, while you're there, let her know that you are visiting from MMC.
In the News...
- Jamie Oliver, renowned burger chef, has seen his campaign against McDonald's finally make a difference. The chain has announced that they are changing their hamburger recipe and will no longer be using "pink slime" as a filler in their patties. Go Jamie! Check out some of the great recipes and blog posts on his website by clicking here.
- The EPA has approved higher levels of Monsanto's RoundUp and other chemicals on food grown for human consumption. Now more than ever, it is important to buy local and organic or just grown your own! To find local organic farmers or to buy non-gmo seed, visit www.LocalHarvest.org by clicking here.
- In Iowa, a judge has stopped the opening of horse slaughter plants that planned to open today. A temporary measure, the permanent ruling will be determined by the outcome of a pending court case. Meanwhile, the Obama administration is attempting to reinstate a prior ban on horse slaughter in the United States. For more info on the issue and why many are opposed, watch the video below or visit the Humane Society's information page by clicking here.
Check Out This Contest...
- If you are in the Pee Dee area of South Carolina, enter your favorite original salad recipe for a chance to have it published and win prizes valued at up to $250! Click here for more details and to enter on SCNow.com.
- Green Apple Supply, founded in 2010, offers a variety of affordable green products. The company has just launched a new website to make green shopping choices easy and affordable. To celebrate, they are giving away a $25 giftcard. Click here to enter to win! To visit their site, click here. Their are lots of great items on the site and I'll be ordering some things myself after we finish moving. Check it out!
Quote of the Week...
- "Organic farming has been shown to provide major benefits for wildlife and the wider environment. The best thing that can be said about genetically engineered crops is that they will now be monitored to see how much damage they cause." - Prince Charles
That's everything for this week. Have a great Monday!
I love to read your comments. Let me know what you like, how you feel, and if you have any suggestions for Monday A La Mode. Did you learn anything? If you like this article, please share with your friends using the buttons below for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google.
To see previous Monday A La Mode posts, click on the Monday A La Mode tab at the top of the page.