Thursday, April 12, 2012

What's Growing In the Garden?

I did it! After a morning of running errands and picking up the groceries that I ordered last night, I finished readying that garden I've been working on for so long! All of the grass is gone, transplanted to bare spots in the yard. The ground has been tilled thoroughly, the rows raised and the paths lower. The organic Miracle Gro soil has been dumped on top and then tilled into the dirt that was already there. The strawberries that came back from last year were transplanted to the new garden today, too. The plants are not all in the ground yet, but I will finish planting Saturday and pictures will follow. I am so excited! Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, brussels sprouts, lettuce, onions, and watermelon. Yum Yum!
Now to nurse my aching muscles. What a workout a tiller can give you! What is everyone else planting this year? 

1 comment: