Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge: Day 22

Today's Challenge: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?


I don't remember having a career ambition as a child. Heck, I didn't have a career ambition even as a college student. I do remember wanting to do and be lots of things, though....


When I was a kid I remember wanting to marry my daddy when I grew up. I told everyone and I was devastated when my parents finally smiled and laughed at the dinner table as they told me girls can't marry their daddies. I still remember that traumatic moment!

When I was a kid I wanted to be a boy. I was very adamant on this. It just wasn't fair. I refused to wear pink, begrudgingly wore dresses only on very special occasions, and had to wear Sears ToughSkins jeans because all other brands quickly got holes in the knees and because these had a money-back guarantee if I did manage to destroy them anyway. 

When I was a kid I wanted to know everything about everything. I read book after book, many of them in my favorite reading spot up in a backyard tree that was easy to climb and big enough to sit comfortably in. 

When I was a kid I did NOT want to be a teacher. Because other kids got on my nerves!













What did you want to be when you grew up?


No comments:

Post a Comment