Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge: Day 39

Going Green with the GrizlsToday's Challenge: What are a few of your biggest pet peeves? 



Oh, so is that an invitation to gripe? Not a genius idea because I am a master griper.  But okay. Here are some of my pet peeves...


  • I hate wastefulness. Like when I see someone grab 10 napkins for 2 people in a restaurant, knowing that 8 of them will end up unused in the garbage. Or when I see my kids write a few lines on a sheet of paper and move on to the next sheet. Heck, I wrote an entire post recently on all of the disposable "convenience" items in the grocery store (see it here). I mean, who needs a disposable toilet brush? Really! 
  • I despise a nasty dish cloth. For some reason, I am the only person in my house that can hang up the dish cloth or put the sponge and scrubber in the soap dish that sits beside the sink. No, the rest of them leave all three items in the bottom of the sink. And, even better, they will then proceed to put dirty dishes on top of them. And oh heaven forbid they scrape or rinse those dishes first! Yuck!
  • It really gets on my nerves when I see items that are labeled as green or natural that have artificial preservatives or color or fragrance. Or the items that are labeled 98% natural...yeah because the other 2% is all the crap you don't want. It shouldn't be so difficult to find the truly organic/natural items.
Okay I warned you. I could go on and on and on. In fact, I work on bettering my attitude constantly because it would be easy for me to fall into a pattern of negativity. LOTS of things are pet peeves for me. I will leave you with one more, which is probably my #1 biggest pet peeve of all...
  • Do not lie. Period. I didn't say don't lie to me. I don't want to hear you lie to anyone. Sure I tried telling lies when I was younger. Luckily, I discovered early that I was not a very good liar. In fact, I am a terrible liar. I always get caught because I stink at lying. So I quit. I am not perfect, but I can not think of the last lie I told. Seriously. I know better. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I now cannot stand to hear others lie. My kids will testify to this...lying is the ultimate no-no in our home. 
I promise I am not a [bleep]. Haha. But don't get me started! See what happens?!!!

What would you say is your #1 pet peeve? I'd love to hear!

3 comments:

  1. I HATE "green washing" as well! All those non regulated terms being thrown around: natural, hypoallergenic, green...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It really gets on my nerves when I see items that are labeled as green or natural that have artificial preservatives or color or fragrance. Or the items that are labeled 98% natural...yeah because the other 2% is all the crap you don't want. It shouldn't be so difficult to find the truly organic/natural items." This is on my mind constantly as I look to source new vendors for our Natural Living Marketplace! It's very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete