Okay. I got this. I have very hungry hungry hippos around here so I specialize in snacks for kids. How about a short list?
- Frozen fruit (we like frozen melon balls best, but also bananas, seedless grapes or blueberries)
- Baked apples topped with yogurt and cinnamon
- Cucumber slices spread with cream cheese, stacked to make breadless sandwiches (let the kids spread and stack to make it more fun)
- Lettuce wraps (fill with whatever meats, cheeses, or veggies and spreads the kids will eat, and again...let them do it)
- Carrot sticks and broccoli trees with a lite ranch dressing.
- Lightly salted popcorn
- Fresh from the garden chopped tomatoes with salt and pepper (a favorite for my kids!)
- Easy Cheesy Crackers (I recently got this great recipe from www.100daysofrealfood.com and yum!)
- Fresh fruit...duh :)
- Homemade smoothies (no recipes needed...just fruit and/or veggies and a little liquid, maybe some ice...make it up as you go along!)
Hope you try one or more! I'm sure some of them you already have. What is your favorite healthy snack to feed the hippos...oh I mean, kiddos.